COVID-19 Response Plan
At Tofino Hummingbird Cottage the health and safety of our guests, team members, homeowner and community is our number one priority. In response to COVID-19, we have put new systems and safety precautions in place adhering to BC’s Ministry of Health and Work Safe BC’s recommendations.
We are committed to providing a clean and safe home for our guests. In addition to our regular cleaning standards, we have enhanced protocols for cleaning and sanitization that meet Work Safe BC’s hospitality cleaning guidance so you can feel safe and at ease during your vacation.
- Our professional cleaner will be provided with and is expected to wear gloves and mask when cleaning or entering the cottage. Staff are advised to practice diligent hand hygiene at all times.
- We are using Health Canada registered cleaning and disinfecting products and following the proper cleaning instructions for each specific product to ensure efficacy.
- Maintenance requests from guests during their stay will be evaluated based on urgency. Any non-emergency maintenance items will be addressed after check out.
- Linens will be washed after each stay in high temperatures with professional detergent and dried thoroughly. Our laundry facility’s washing machines will be cleaned and sanitized frequently.
- All surfaces and frequently touched areas will be cleaned and disinfected including but not limited to: doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, tables, chairs, handles, etc.
- We strongly advise guests to bring their own books, beach toys, and games.
- Guests will be supplied an adequate supply of clean towels, toilet paper, and hand soap. Due to limited supply of hand sanitizer, please bring your own for use during your stay.
Check In & Check Out
We offer self-check in and check-out, minimizing person-to-person contact. In order to allow for full enhanced cleaning procedures, our check in and check out times are specifically required for full housekeeping. Thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility.
CHECK IN: 5:00 PM or later
We ask that you do not check into Tofino Hummingbird Cottage early so our cleaning professionals can ensure the Cottage has been properly cleaned, sanitized and is ready for your enjoyment.
CHECK OUT: 10:00 AM
Check out is safe and easy! If you are planning to check out before 10 am, we would greatly appreciate you letting us know. Upon check out we ask that you please do the following:
- Open 2 windows for air ventilation
- Place all soiled towels in bathtub or in shower
- Load and run the dishwasher
- Place garbage and recycling by the front door- inside the cottage.
- If you used the BBQ ensure that all food and residue is scraped and/or burned off after cooking.
Note: Guests’ contact information may be used for contact tracing purposes.
Changing or Cancelling an Upcoming Trip
- Up to 30 days prior to your check in date: deposit is refundable minus $100.00 +GST ($75.00 cancellation fee + $25.00 non-refundable processing fee).
- 30 days to your check in date: booking is non refundable
We ask that you self-assess prior to your trip to Tofino.
If you answer YES to any of the following questions below, please consult us to discuss changing your reservation to a later date:
- Do you or anyone you are travelling with have symptoms of COVID-19?
- In the last 21 days (prior to your check in date) Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive or has symptoms of COVID-19?
- In the last 14 days (prior to your check in date) Have you travelled outside of Canada? Under the Quarantine Act, all persons arriving in Canada from abroad must quarantine and self-monitor symptoms for 14 days.
General Precautions & Preventions
To ensure we are keeping our team members, our guests and our Tofino community safe we ask that you please do your part to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19. We strongly encourage guests to follow provincial guidelines when travelling and while here in Tofino. As recommended by Health Canada we ask that you please practice the following during your stay:
- Maintain physical social distancing (6ft or 2m apart) at all times.
- Practice diligent hand hygiene at all times
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based sanitizer
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at home if you are feeling ill
- Do not share food, drinks, utensils, cigarettes, vaping devises, etc.
- Practice cough etiquette
- Masks are mandatory in many public indoor settings. Although Tofino Hummingbird Cottage is a self-contained private cottage, please keep this requirement in mind.
Limited Services in Tofino
Many businesses have adapted their services in light of COVID-19. Most restaurants are open for take away and/or delivery or have open their doors at half capacity. We recommend making dinner reservations. Our main grocery store, Tofino Co-Op Grocery, is currently open with special measures including: a limit of 35 patrons in the store at one time and designated shopping time for seniors and health compromised customers.
We highly recommend bringing your own food and supplies if possible. For more information see https://tourismtofino.com/bulletins/covid-19-notification-to-visitors/
Monitoring of Safety Plan
This safety plan will be monitored for effectiveness, reviewed anually and updated as required to address deficiencies and alignment with current protocols and guidelines, etc. Any changes in work processes, staffing, and arrangements over time will prompt a review and update of this safety plan to address changing risks and for continued alignment with BC legislation and best practices. Guests who refuse to comply with existing provincial health guidelines and this COVID-19 safety plan will be asked to leave.
We wish you a relaxing holiday and quality time spent with family and close friends. Enjoy the beaches.
Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.
We look forward to seeing you soon!